Friday, May 6, 2011

Hummus!

I have enjoyed Clean Eating magazine for some time now, so when I noticed they had a "best of" cookbook coming out, I jumped on it. Today I made this hummus recipe from that book and it is yummy! Hummus is super healthy too :) Enjoy with pita chips or Triscuits (my favorite flavor is Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil).

Yummy Hummus
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
  • 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/8 tsp cumin
  • 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
I double the recipe because a can of chickpeas is two cups and it made a perfect amount for my family. Enjoy :)

As for my bathroom progress, it's coming along! Yesterday I gave the girls a bath and Layla said, "why's it so light in here?" Ha! I have to buy more paint though, which stinks! Because paint is overpriced AND because my kids probably annoy the staff at Home Depot by messing with the paint chips every time. In my defense, when they say it will be five minutes and it really takes 30, they shouldn't be surprised that the kids find something to occupy themselves, right?

I do have a different kind of house picture to show you though. I've been prettying up my front porch. We got some rocking chairs on Craigslist and I made some pillows out of outdoor fabric. It looks so pretty now!
I need some hanging flowers for sure. And I need whatever it is trying to burrow under my porch to knock it off! Don't worry, I sprayed it good with animal repellant :) Also while Casey's been gone, I have painted, hung a valance, used his drill, screwed a box onto my bathroom wall and bought Kelby some big-boy undies. Next up, make a new screen for the girls' window. I can do it, right??

4 comments:

  1. Great thought it is so attractive
    ===============
    webdesign

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Amazing Nikki--half woman, half amazing :D Will be trying this hummus recipe today for sure--in my new Cuisinart! (yes it's finally out of the box)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to make that! Ryan has discovered his new love for hummus:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This link might be more helpful
    This site is great.
    Thanks for your valuable contribution!
    i totally agree with your fashion sense. good job!

    ReplyDelete